April 21, 2017
Becker’s Hospital Review reported on the following hospital and health system executive moves in the last week. They are listed below, beginning with the most recent.
1. Thomas Tulisiak, MD, president of Cleveland Clinic Medina (Ohio) Hospital, will leave his post to return to practicing medicine full-time within the Cleveland Clinic Medicine Institute.
2. Mary Black Health System-Gaffney (S.C.) named Christine Poplawski CFO.
3. Mercy Health-Toledo (Ohio) selected Jeffrey Dempsey to serve as president of St. Vincent Medical Center and Children’s Hospital in Toledo.
4. Columbia, S.C.-based Palmetto Health selected Mark Williams, MD, as its inaugural chief clinical officer.
5. Novant Health Thomasville (N.C.) Medical Center tapped Jon Applebaum to serve as president and COO, effective May 22.
6. Abilene, Kan.-based Memorial Health System appointed Stan Regehr interim CEO.
7. Silver City, N.M.-based Gila Regional Medical Center selected Taffy Arias as CEO.
8. Traverse City, Mich.-based Munson Healthcare appointed Joanne L. Schroeder president of Charlevoix (Mich.) Hospital.
9. Warner Robins, Ga.-based Houston Healthcare selected Larry Stewart, MD, to serve as CMO, effective May 1.
10. Appleton, Wis.-based ThedaCare appointed Imran Andrabi, MD, president and CEO, effective June 19.
11. Northside Hospital in St. Petersburg, Fla., tapped Peggy Gatliff to serve as CFO.
12. Chattanooga, Tenn.-based Parkridge East Hospital named Jason Byrd CFO.
13. St. Louis-based BJC HealthCare appointed Jerry Fox Jr., its senior vice president and CIO, effective June 1.
14. St. Francis Hospital in Columbus, Ga., a Brentwood, Tenn.-based LifePoint Health facility, appointed Charlene Falgout, BSN, to the post of CNO.
15. Belton (Mo.) Regional Medical Center, part of Kansas City, Mo.-based Hospital Corporation of America Midwest Health, named Patrick Avila COO.
16. Citizens Memorial Hospital in Bolivar, Mo., appointed Ronald A. Evans, MD, CMO.
17. Wilmington, Del.-based Saint Francis Healthcare President and CEO Brian E. Dietz stepped down.
18. CHI Health St. Francis in Grand Island, Neb., selected Ed Hannon as its new president, effective May 23.
19. Dayton, Ohio-based Miami Valley Hospital President Mark Shaker is departing to pursue new opportunities, a Premier Health spokesperson confirms.
20. Silver Cross Hospital in New Lenox, Ill., tapped Ruth A. Colby to serve as president and CEO, effective Oct. 1.
21. Burlington-based University of Vermont Health Network appointed Stephen Leffler, MD, chief population health and quality officer.
22. The Hospitals of Providence-Transmountain Campus, based in El Paso, Texas, named Gustavo Martell, MD, CMO.
23. C.R. “Bob” Hudson, senior vice president and CFO of Valencia, Calif.-based Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital, will retire from his post in July.
24. Waco, Texas-based Providence Healthcare Network tapped Steven Province to serve as interim president, effective May 2.
25. Cavalier County Memorial Hospital in Langdon, N.D., selected Richard Fromme to serve as CFO.
26. Shasta Regional Medical Center in Redding, Calif., announced the retirement of CEO Cyndy Gordon.
27. Houston-based Texas Medical Center named William F. McKeon president and CEO, effective immediately.
28. Grand Rapids, Mich.-based Spectrum Health appointed Tina Freese Decker executive vice president and COO, effective April 24.
29. Integris Miami (Okla.) Hospital appointed Jonas Rabel, RN, president.
30. Brentwood, Tenn.-based RCCH HealthCare Partners named Bill Little CEO of Carolina Pines Regional Medical Center in Hartsville, S.C.