While 782 hospitals earned an A grade in patient safety this spring from The Leapfrog Group, many did not perform as well at keeping patients safe and infection-free: 20 hospitals in 10 states and Washington, D.C., received a failing grade.
California and Texas had the most F-graded hospitals with four each, while New York had three failing hospitals. The 20 hospitals are listed, alphabetically by state, below.
- Antelope Valley Hospital (Lancaster)
- Western Medical Center of Santa Ana
- Madera Community Hospital
- Oroville Hospital
District of Columbia
- Providence Hospital of Washington
- Meadows Regional Medical Center (Vidalia)
- Union General Hospital (Blairsville)
- Pratt Regional Medical Center
- Teche Regional Medical Center (Morgan City)
- St. Alexius Hospital-Broadway Campus (St. Louis)
- Aurelia Osborn Fox Memorial Hospital (Oneonta)
- Brookdale Hospital Medical Center (Brooklyn)
- Cortland Regional Medical Center
- Van Wert County Hospital (Van Wert)
- Grady Memorial Hospital (Chickasha)
- KershawHealth Medical Center (Camden)
- Christus Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline (Corpus Christi)
- Memorial Medical Center-Livingston
- Oakbend Medical Center (Richmond)
- University General Hospital (Houston)
Find more information on the spring 2015 patient safety scores here.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015.