Medical Device Challenges
Healthcare technology management (HTM) professionals working in hospitals say their top challenge is the management of medical devices and systems on information technology networks, according to a new survey commissioned by AAMI.
The survey results point to changing world for HTM professionals—one in which routine duties, such are preventive maintenance checks, are part of a workday that increasingly contains more sweeping responsibilities such as helping to implement a hospital-wide medical device integration plan.
According to the survey results, the top ten medical devices challenges are:
1) Managing devices and systems on the IT network (72%)
2) Integrating device data into electronic health records (65%)
3) Broken connectors (50%)
4) Battery management (50%)
5) Alarm management (49%)
6) Maintenance of infusion pump systems (48%)
7) Cybersecurity of medical devices and systems (47%)
8) Setting preventive maintenance strategies (44%)
9) Medical device incident reporting and investigations (42%)
10) Medical devices brought in by patients (42%)
CLICK HERE to read the entire article online.
CLICK HERE to view/download the article as a PDF file.